Last updated: July 17, 2017
SARA Calendar & Events
- Central States VHF Society Convention: July 27-30, 2017 in Albuquerque
- Chile Harvest Triathlon: August 5, 2017 in Socorro, NM
- NM Section ARES & RACES HF net: August 6, 2017, at 17:00 local in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Plan to assemble 15 to 30 minutes before the net is called.
- SARA Meeting: 19:30 hours local on Wednesday, August 9, 2017 in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Presentation: TBA. (minutes)
- Duke City Hamfest: August 11-13, 2017 in Albuquerque, NM
Over the Horizon
- Weekly Socorro ARES net at 19:30 hrs local Wednesdays on the SARA Repeater [146.68(-)]
- Weekly Tri-County ARES net at 19:30 hrs local Thursdays on the URFMSI system. All ARES stations are encouraged to participate, and non-ARES stations are welcome to check in. The Capilla Peak repeater is operating from a shortened tower and most will not be able to reach it from Socorro. NM5CL will ask for check-ins on the SARA 146.68 repeater.
- The New Mexico D-STAR net takes place on Thursdays beginning at 20:00 hrs local on REF055A (W5MPZ and W5AQA should automatically tie into it). Hams from across New Mexico, Colorado, and El Paso have joined in from their local repeaters or DV Dongles for a lively roundtable discussion on a variety of D-STAR and other topics.
- The Socorro County ARES Group meets on the first Sunday
of each month in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. for the NM Section ARES & RACES HF net. All
stations are invited to check into the net (3,939 kHz) at 19:30 local.
The net provides a forum for the discussion of Amateur Radio support
of all types of emergency communications including MARS, SAR, CAP and
public service events. The purpose of Socorro ARES participation is
for training and to establish emergency procedures in compliance with our
agreement with Socorro County.
- SARA meetings are held, beginning at 1930 hrs local on the second Wednesday of each
month (except December). Meetings are held in the EOC meeting room of the Socorro County Annex, 198 Neel Ave.
Enter throught the single door on the southeast side of the building.
of past meetings)
- There is a reasonable chance that you might encounter SARA members at the folllowing venues:
- Burger King: Coffee every Saturday ~8:00 to 9:30 hrs at Burger King.
- Capitol Bar on the Plaza - Weenie Wednesdays (on the patio in good weather) beginning in late afternoon.