Last updated: May 12, 2018
SARA Calendar & Events
- ENMARC Tailgate: May 26. 2018 at the Trinity Lutheran Church, 1705 W 21st St, Clovis. Setup will begin at 7 am and under way at 8 am. Please join us for a pancake breakfast starting at 8 am. We will have several different vendors attending as well.
- NM Section ARES & RACES HF net: June 3, 2018, at 19:00 local in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Plan to assemble 15 to 30 minutes before the net is called. If the door is locked call on the SARA 146.68 repeater for access.
- SARA Annual Meeting and Election of Officers: The next meeting will be held at 19:30 hours local on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Presentation: TBA. (minutes/agenda)
Over the Horizon
- Chili Harvest Triathlon: Youth Race, Augist 3, 2018 at the NM Tech SwimCenter & Field and Adult Race, August 4, 2018 at the Socorro City Pool .
- Albuquerque Duke City Hamfest and the ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Convention: September 21-23, 2018 at the Isleta Resort and Casino's convention facilities, on the historic Isleta Pueblo.
- Weekly Socorro ARES net at 19:30 hrs local. On the first and third Wednesdays the net is convened on the SARA Repeater [146.68(-)]. On the fourth Wednesday of each month the net is convened on the Socorro EM repeater [145.175(-)].
- Weekly Tri-County ARES net at 19:30 hrs local Thursdays on the URFMSI system. All ARES stations are encouraged to participate, and non-ARES stations are welcome to check in. The Capilla Peak repeater is operating from a shortened tower and most will not be able to reach it from Socorro. NM5CL will ask for check-ins on the SARA 146.68 repeater.
- The New Mexico D-STAR net takes place on Thursdays beginning at 20:00 hrs local on REF055A (W5MPZ and W5AQA should automatically tie into it). Hams from across New Mexico, Colorado, and El Paso have joined in from their local repeaters or DV Dongles for a lively roundtable discussion on a variety of D-STAR and other topics.
- The Socorro County ARES Group meets on the first Sunday
of each month in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. for the NM Section ARES & RACES HF net. All
stations are invited to check into the net (3,939 kHz) at 19:30 local.
The net provides a forum for the discussion of Amateur Radio support
of all types of emergency communications including MARS, SAR, CAP and
public service events. The purpose of Socorro ARES participation is
for training and to establish emergency procedures in compliance with our
agreement with Socorro County.
- SARA meetings are held, beginning at 1930 hrs local on the second Wednesday of each
month (except December). Meetings are held in the EOC meeting room of the Socorro County Annex, 198 Neel Ave.
Enter through the single door on the southeast side of the building.
of past meetings)
- There is a reasonable chance that you might encounter SARA members at the folllowing venues:
- Burger King: Coffee every Saturday ~8:00 to 9:30 hrs at Burger King.