Last updated: April 24, 2016
SARA Calendar & Events
- SARA Lab Night: April 26, 2017, at 7:00 PM at the EOC.
- ABQ AR Caravan Club Spring Tailgate: Dawn to 10:30 AM on April 29, co-sponsored by the Amateur Radio Caravan Club and the Albuquerque Amateur Radio Club. Location: TEAM Technologies, 1400 Eubank SE in Albuquerque. Free admission to everyone.
- Mesilla Valley Bean Feed: May 6, MVRC Club House 6609 Jefferson Las Cruces NM. Talk in frequency 146.640 (100 Hz). 7:00 AM set-up and selling (in the parking lot), noon: food is served (in the dining room), 2:00 PM VE Session (In the dining room)
- NM Section ARES & RACES HF net: May 7, 2017, at 17:00 local in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Plan to assemble 15 to 30 minutes before the net is called.
- SARA Annual Meeting: 19:30 hours local on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Presentation: TBA. (agenda/minutes)
- ARRL Rocky Mountain Convention: May 26-28, 2017 in Cody, Wyoming
Over the Horizon
- Weekly Socorro ARES net at 19:30 hrs local Wednesdays on the SARA Repeater [146.68(-)]
- Weekly Tri-County ARES net at 19:30 hrs local Thursdays on the URFMSI system. All ARES stations are encouraged to participate, and non-ARES stations are welcome to check in. The Capilla Peak repeater is operating from a shortened tower and most will not be able to reach it from Socorro. NM5CL will ask for check-ins on the SARA 146.68 repeater.
- The New Mexico D-STAR net takes place on Thursdays beginning at 20:00 hrs local on REF055A (W5MPZ and W5AQA should automatically tie into it). Hams from across New Mexico, Colorado, and El Paso have joined in from their local repeaters or DV Dongles for a lively roundtable discussion on a variety of D-STAR and other topics.
- The Socorro County ARES Group meets on the first Sunday
of each month in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. for the NM Section ARES & RACES HF net. All
stations are invited to check into the net (3,939 kHz) at 19:30 local.
The net provides a forum for the discussion of Amateur Radio support
of all types of emergency communications including MARS, SAR, CAP and
public service events. The purpose of Socorro ARES participation is
for training and to establish emergency procedures in compliance with our
agreement with Socorro County.
- SARA meetings are held, beginning at 1930 hrs local on the second Wednesday of each
month (except December). Meetings are held in the EOC meeting room of the Socorro County Annex, 198 Neel Ave.
Enter throught the single door on the southeast side of the building.
of past meetings)
- There is a reasonable chance that you might encounter SARA members at the folllowing venues:
- Burger King: Coffee every Saturday ~8:00 to 9:30 hrs at Burger King.
- Capitol Bar on the Plaza - Weenie Wednesdays (on the patio in good weather) beginning in late afternoon.