Last updated: March 20, 2018
SARA Calendar & Events
- NM Section ARES & RACES HF net: April 1, 2018, at 17:00 local in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Plan to assemble 15 to 30 minutes before the net is called. If the door is locked call on the SARA 146.68 repeater for access.
- SARA Meeting: The next regular meeting will be held at 19:30 hours local on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. Presentation: TBA. (minutes/agenda)
- 2018 New Mexico QSO Party - Saturday, April 14 from 8:00am MDT until 8:00pm MDT, and all Hams across New Mexico are invited to participate. This year's event is hosted by the Los Alamos Amateur Radio Club. Last year hundreds of amateur radio operators around the world participated, including 98 New Mexico hams and 17 New Mexico amateur radio clubs.
Over the Horizon
- Weekly Socorro ARES net at 19:30 hrs local Wednesdays on the SARA Repeater [146.68(-)]
- Weekly Tri-County ARES net at 19:30 hrs local Thursdays on the URFMSI system. All ARES stations are encouraged to participate, and non-ARES stations are welcome to check in. The Capilla Peak repeater is operating from a shortened tower and most will not be able to reach it from Socorro. NM5CL will ask for check-ins on the SARA 146.68 repeater.
- The New Mexico D-STAR net takes place on Thursdays beginning at 20:00 hrs local on REF055A (W5MPZ and W5AQA should automatically tie into it). Hams from across New Mexico, Colorado, and El Paso have joined in from their local repeaters or DV Dongles for a lively roundtable discussion on a variety of D-STAR and other topics.
- The Socorro County ARES Group meets on the first Sunday
of each month in the Socorro County EOC, 198 Neel Ave. for the NM Section ARES & RACES HF net. All
stations are invited to check into the net (3,939 kHz) at 19:30 local.
The net provides a forum for the discussion of Amateur Radio support
of all types of emergency communications including MARS, SAR, CAP and
public service events. The purpose of Socorro ARES participation is
for training and to establish emergency procedures in compliance with our
agreement with Socorro County.
- SARA meetings are held, beginning at 1930 hrs local on the second Wednesday of each
month (except December). Meetings are held in the EOC meeting room of the Socorro County Annex, 198 Neel Ave.
Enter through the single door on the southeast side of the building.
of past meetings)
- There is a reasonable chance that you might encounter SARA members at the folllowing venues:
- Burger King: Coffee every Saturday ~8:00 to 9:30 hrs at Burger King.